Thursday, December 11, 2014

Family

I have been having a bad experience with my group. I have been having trouble asking for donations.  I asked  a few people and only got 20$ but some said they don't have any money on them. I felt really disappointed when I asked someone and explained why I was asking for donations they said no thank you. I don't have many family members in surrey so I wasn't able to ask anyone. Anyways I almost teared up when we called the mother of our group because we weren't expecting her to say tht. She didn't want toys or games rather she wanted food and clothing. She said they need food! There was a small pause and I could see in Taylor's eyes that she felt the same. I hope I could get more money for them. We are meeting them on Saturday 20 December. I hope we can give them an awesome christmas. 

1 comment:

  1. I think it's really great that your trying to raise money for your family even though your having some difficulty it's really great that your trying. I am sure that when all your money is combined with the people in your group you will have enough. I know how moving it is to talk to the families and realize how much we have to be thankful for. You have great leadership skills so i am sure you will come up with something to raise money for the family

    ReplyDelete